As I am very connected to the Social Media Platform -PINTEREST I have created a board on which I am and will be pinning the most attractive business card ideas for inspiration. Here’s my website: https://www.pinterest.com/domenikachan/illustrator-business-card-ideas/
A business card is one of the self-promotion ideas I have and will be doing in the ear future. I have done a little bit of research on how to create a good business card and looked at various examples, this is the tips I came up with after summing everything up:
- Including important information:
- Your name – Put the name your contacts know you by.
- What you do – Remember to include what you do or what defines your job scope. Include the organization you are currently attached to if you wish.
- Contact information – Phone number, e-mail, work address, social media profiles etc.
- QR Code – QR codes are a great way to visually present web addresses, phone numbers or vCards. There are plenty of free QR code generators on the Web to help you with this.
- Using a well chosen colour scheme which sums up your art work
- If adding an illustration, making sure it is one of your best pieces, building curiosity for the contact to look at your later artwork.
- Consider the thickness of your business card. Thicker cards tend to feel more expensive – making your business seem more professional. A business cards printed on paper thinner than 300gsm look and feel rather thin, which can make them feel tacky and cheap.