- Max Ernst – even though he was a famous painter, M. Ernst was interested in the surreality of making collages/drawings as well.
- ”Une Semaine de Bonte” – is a graphic novel and artist’s book by Max Ernst, first published in 1934.
- Cyanotype experiments that are not only blue but had spots of orange colour can create some nice effects when working on the final colour compositions – not all have to be made appropriately – this means experimenting with colours and seeing in the end what works the best.
- Collage compositions have been working out quite well – great reference to the dreams as they reflect to the dreams and explain how the situations looked like, what happened. However, this is only a part of my research/experimentation. I need to think of how should I move on from this point. How to create art that is illustrative, is inspired by the stories/dreams but does not reflect 100% as they are not going to be exhibited together with the text? This is for consideration.
Agreed actions for the next tutorial:
- Buying watercolour paper and bowls to fit A4 paper in – needed for the cyanotypes
- Continue collecting artistic photos of objects and places – if needed and missing some – creating myself – however the priority would be to continue collecting it from other photographers.
- Continue doing collages of final compositions.
- Doing more research on inspiring artists.