Home

On part of my intentional final pieces for the FMP was to create a resin image. I was expecting to make a long and big piece with all the compositions in one, however, not being able to get any funding for this intended idea I had to pay for the materials myself and buy the needed materials : resin, wood varnish, wood glue, plywood and wood boarders – which meant making 6 small crafted frames and filling them with cut outs of collages, resin and wood varnish. Well I guess there is not much to say about this idea, as it went better or neutral during the process of making the final pieces themselves. All I done was I tried making the pieces all different from one another, either by colouring the resin, or on purpose trapping air bubbles under the resin, pouring not equal amounts of resin to cover the cut outs, letting some paper float on top, others to set on the bottom, moving the resin around while it hardens to create waves or pressing on cling film to add texture while it’s drying and printing the images on either white or cream paper for additional colour effect. Here are the final pieces, and I must say I am well proud of the outcomes as they all have something interesting captured in them not only talking about the images but about the textures in them. This did a lot reflect to the glass secrets we used to do when I was a kid.

IMG_5206 IMG_5207 IMG_5209 IMG_5210 IMG_5211 IMG_5213

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s